What have we done so far
- Formed a working group, made up of trustees (Aphra, Ann, Priya) and staff (Colin (Investment Engagement), Abby (Grants) and Jake (Communications)), who bring an intersectional lens to this work.
- Made a commitment to sharing a breakdown of staff and trustee demographics.
- Developed an accessibility communications checklist.
- Invested in a tool that can translate our website into different languages and provide accessibility tools.
- Are a leading funder of the Foundation Practice Rating.
What are we still doing
- Drafting an equity and social justice plan.
- Reviewing our grants programme, where equity and social justice will be part of the programme.
- Developing a training programme with our equity and diversity advisor Geppi Bola
- Campaigning for the ethnicity pay gap.
- Producing documents in alternative formats and developing metrics to monitor our progress on this.
- Developing an equal opportunities policy.
What are we focusing on next
- Completing the equity and social justice plan.
- Launching our new grants programme (August).
- Equity and Social Justice training to have started.
- Publish breakdown of staff and trustees demographics.
- Ensuring documents are available in alternative formats.
- Finish writing the equal opportunities policy.
This review took place on the 30th May 2022.